WELCOME! =)

The Boy and His Father

Monday, August 25, 2008
There was this 1 boy whom 1 day asked his dad to join a marathon. His dad was already aging and having a terrible heart condition. Although his dad is pretty old, he did not say "No" instead, he said "Yes". So, they practiced together and they both entered the marathon. They got the 2nd to the last place. Then one day, his son ask him to join the "Iron Man Triathlon". For those who do not know, this event is extremely tough and gruelling which consists of swimming against the current, cycling from about MGC to Damansara in KL, and also running. Despite knowing the fact that he is aging, his dad agreed. Watch the video before u continue reading



At the beginning of the sermon yesterday, I was like "Olympians... Tak der kena-mengena with me la..." And I almost slept during sermon yesterday... Almost... But didn't...
Almost at the end of the sermon, Uncle Rodney shared a video and yes, it's the same video that u've just watched... That video really moved me... I mean, a dad would go through all that trouble? All that gruelling processes, all that tough practices, and all those taxing races? Just because his sons wants to? Hm... At the beginning, when Uncle Rodney said the boy and his father, I imagined the boy being fit and healthy like the father and they go jogging together as both of them run... But I never imagined his sons condition... That boy reminds me of myself.. I mean, not literally that I'm having that kinda sickness as well... But I'm kinda like him, can't do much... Probably just smile only... Not to mention how bad our smile looks like... Hahaha... But still, it's hard to actually believe that some1 would actually go through all that for me... I mean, there are so many people in the world... Why is it for me? Am I dat special?
Uncle Rodney also did share that the youths are musically talented... Maybe that's the reason why he does it... But later on, I find out that, that is not the reason... The reason why he does that is because, well, every1 knows it already... But there are still some who still can't accept the fact that it's true... He does it because he loves me... Not because of my music skills, not because of my smile, not because I'm funny but it's because I am Me... So, for those who reads this post, remember 1 thing, God created u the way you are today... You may have some flaws here and there, that is because every1 is imperfect and EVERYBODY has flaws... All except His own son la of course... You are special... ^ ^

p/s : got to stop for now... Have to go get ready for class... Hope this video moves you... ^ ^

0 mentos: