WELCOME! =)

I....

Sunday, June 13, 2010
watched it again today. = D

Like what Eunice has already posted, everytime watching it again will definitely get something new. This time, i got something pretty cool.

There's this 1 part when Landon ask for his father's help. But his dad cannot do much cause he's a cardiologist (which i think he deals with hearts more 1). So, Landon just walked away thinking that his dad doesn't want to help. But after awhile, Jamie got out of the hospital and she got home nursing and it was TOTALLY funded by Landon's dad. Landon, knowing that his dad funded, go over to his place and knock on the door. When his dad opened the door, he saw Landon's face filled with tears. Landon didn't say much but just

"thank you" and "sorry"

and those 3 words, just those 3 words can bring alot of difference. His dad said

"It's alright, son."

and they both hugged.

What I could relate to that is, many times, I thought God didn't care and I often would just walk away after asking for His help. And probably, hmmm... honestly, I think... those times probably would have broken His heart over and over again. It's like, He's saying

"Adrian, I want to help you but, it's just not time yet"

and I being impatient would just walk away and try doing it on my own. Many a times, I have failed. Many many MANY times. But slowly, now, I'm learning to trust in Him more and wait for his further instructions. I do not really like the feeling. The helpless feeling of knowing that I can't really do much about it. So, this time, I'm going to go about it differently. All the past times had failed but this time, I'm letting Him take the lead. This time, I'll wait patiently. And I know (with lots of trust in me now) that, when I run back to Him, He's definitely DEFINITELY welcome me back with an open arms.

Anyway, the actual reason why I'm writing a post today is because of today's sermon.... by KAHWEI!!! = O

His sermon was based on Colossians 3:2-4.

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

1. Setting my mind on things above and not earthly things is quite straight-forward. But, it's still not so easy to apply.
An example : Mary and Martha. = ]

2. For I died and my life is now hidden with Christ in God is a little tricky. I didn't understand at first but then, Kah Wei gave a really good illustration. He shared about 2 Kings 11. The story about Joash. When Joash's dad (who is King Ahaziah) died, Ahaziah's mum who is Athaliah, killed all the royal heirs so she could be the ruler of the land. Imagine that!! Own grandmother kills every grandchildren of hers just to rule the land. How evil is that?? But, Joash's aunt, Jehosheba, kept Joash so he wun be killed. After 6 years, Joash was brought known to some ppl and then, Athaliah was killed. Good riddance, grandma!!
The conclusion is, like Joash, who was hidden since he was like 1 year old, we are hidden at first and when the time is right, we will "appear with Him in glory".

So, in the meantime, tunggu dan bersabar I shall be.

p/s : yesterday's incident, was not merely just a "coincidence". I agree with Jamie, nothing's a coincidence. = ] if u wanna know more, go to Eunice's blog and read k?


0 mentos: