WELCOME! =)

Happy T. C. Day

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
It's not a secret.

Today was quite a long day. Woke up awal awal. Thought that today might not be so fulfilling. But, I went for the 40 Days Fast & Prayer punya praying session just now. I'm actually glad that I went. But, = ( it was a little bit disappointing la. Cause the numbers were really few actually. = ( Not saying that the number is too small. Good is because, it's easier to conduct lo. Bad is because, uhmmm... the number really is small lo.. Hahaha

Yesterday's sermon was by Pastor David from the ACTS church. He conducted his sermon pretty well. There's 4 Cs that we should know:

1. Conviction.
We must first be convinced that He's the way, the truth and the life. How can we convince others to watch a movie if we ourselves are not convinced that the movie is nice? Pastor David gave us the example of "Inception". To tell others that "Inception" is nice, we must first watch it ourselves and experience it. After knowing that it is good, only can we tell others that it is good as well.

We are called to be the salt and the light. And the way Pastor David puts it, salt and light CANNOT be ignored 1. For all those who were present yesterday, remember when Pastor talked about the rice and salt 1? Remember when he offed all the lights and we can still see that small LED from the amplifier? That incident actually made me think. When my friends are in need of help. Am I there to offer? Am I there for them? Hmmm... Food for thought.

2. Courage.
Do I have the courage to stand up? When people do stuffs which are not good, can I just leave them? Or do I stay and watch and do nothing about it? Can I stand up?

It's not easy actually. But, I'm still trying to live a life of testimony. What Pastor said was pretty true. When we're gone, will people miss us? Will they notice the difference of having us not around?

3. Commitment.
After having the conviction and the courage to do it. We should also stay committed.

Again, Pastor gave a good example. Let's say, if we pray for 364 days and on that 364th day, we give up. What happens if someone decides to do something on the 365th day and we're already not there? Hmmmm.. I'm not good at explaining but the conclusion is... to not give up la.. Hahahaha...

4. Continuity
We're supposed to be History Makers. Legacy Leavers. Impact Givers. Bar Setters.

Are we doing what we're supposed to do? Are we doing stuffs which the younger ones will talk about next time? Not about boasting one la. But, if we do not set the example, who are the younger ones supposed to look up to? If we do not set the bar high, they cannot go higher, they can only go lower. So, the question is... Are we being "The Examples"?

Hmmmm.. Yes, I know... Alot of questions and food for thought. But I felt, yesterday's sermon was a really good 1. We talked about the 4 Cs and we talked about how we wanna do this and that. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody k? I mean... Someone once told me somewhere that.. During "Fast & Prayer", Fasting without Praying is called "Diet-ing" actually. So, uhmmm... I felt the need to pray as well. Honestly, I myself went for the fast and prayer thing the first time today. Cause I felt the need to change. Dun get me wrong k? I am seriously not pointing fingers at anybody la. I myself was lazy. So, if I would refer to anybody, it would be myself first. Hmmmm..

For those who reads my blog (i thank youuuuu... hahaha... cause my blog not so happening 1), I am challenging you to be different now. I am challenging you to change. I am challenging you to come for the prayer meetings for the fast and prayer 1. I bet, alot of you all would say "Prayer is important" but are we praying? = ] I am challenging you (and also myself) to come for the prayer meetings. So, I hope to see you all there the next time k? If u need more information, do contact me or James.


Matthew 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Reminder: We are called to be salt and light.
We are called to be different.

So, for those who are reading this, uhmmmm.. I'm not forcing u to come k? It's just that, I'm here to help remind you of why u're placed here. = ] Do join us if possible k?

Oh ya...

Blessed Birthday, James Chong!! X D
Whatever I wanna tell u, I already did. So, u take care k? Continue to grow spiritually and = ] hmmmm... Seriously, whatever i wanna tell you, i dah told u... Hahahaha...
= ]

Still, I wish u were here...


3 mentos:

saun said...

come for church prayer meeting too!

mau said...

thought about that too... = ] but i wun just think anymore... saun, honestly, sometimes i forget about prayer meetings... = \ could u remind me these few times ar, please?

saun said...

alright. ONNNNN!!